Formerly healthy, energetic boy still suffers from extreme narcolepsy two years after getting swine flu vaccine
Shortly after six-year-old Josh Hadfield of Somerset, UK, got jabbed with Pandemrix, GlaxoSmithKline’s (GSK) vaccine for H1N1 / swine flu, a few years ago, he developed extreme narcolepsy that caused him to sleep up to 19 hours a day.
Two years later, the boy is still suffering from the condition, and now takes daily doses of the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) drug Ritalin, as well as two other antidepressants, to supposedly alleviate his symptoms.
Josh’s parents Charlie and Caroline told the UK’s Daily Mail that their son quickly took a turn for the worst after receiving the vaccine back on January 21, 2010. Once a bright, energetic, and healthy young boy, Josh spiraled into a state that his mother can only describe as “a puppet whose strings had been cut,” adding that he literally just “fell to the ground.”
Four years old at the time, Josh’s doctor had recommended to his parents that he receive the untested vaccine because he was supposedly “at risk,” and needed extra protection. Little did the parents know, however, that the toxic brew would affect the boy the way it did, and ruin his health. Since that time, the nation’s health regulators have adjusted the recommended minimum age for the vaccine to 20 — but this decision does nothing to help Josh.
“Before the jab he was completely healthy,” says Caroline, who noted that her son was always active and energetic prior to getting the shot, and never had sleeping issues. “His personality changed drastically as well (after the shot). We had this happy, cheerful little boy who turned into someone who was aggressive and frustrated.”